Agreement for Education Internships courtesy of the Penn State, University Park, PA.
EVALUATION FOR EDUCATION INTERNSHIP IN
MUSEUMS AND CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in supervising an intern from Penn State. We appreciate the time and care you have devoted to introducing a new educator to the field.
Kindly complete this form as soon after completion of the internship as possible so that the intern will benefit from your final evaluation and it can be used in determining the intern’s grade. Please discuss the evaluation with the intern and return or fax a signed copy to:
Coordinator, Museums and Cultural Institutions Option in Art Education
School of Visual Arts
The Pennsylvania State University
212 Arts Cottage
University Park, PA 16802
Fax (814) 863-8664
If you have an evaluation form that you prefer to use with interns, we would welcome that as a substitute.
Let us know if there is any way we can be of assistance to you.
I. INTERN’S PERFORMANCE
1. What kinds of work did the intern do? Please specify.
2. Was there any especially significant project or assignment on which the intern worked? Please describe the project and whether it was completed satisfactorily.
3. Please describe the general performance of the intern by commenting briefly on any of the following that may be relevant to the evaluation.
- Willingness to accept duties and responsibilities
- Completion of tasks (completed assigned work in timely, thorough manner)
- Independent action (used initiative and did not require close supervision)
- Problem solving (analyzed relevant information to make a sound recommendation or take action)
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills (communicated and worked effectively with others)
- Written communication (clear, well-organized and grammatically correct)
- Work habits (good attendance and focused on the job)
4. What were the intern’s major strengths?
5. In what areas could the intern improve his or her performance?
II. ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS
1. Do you have suggestions for the intern’s professional development?
2. Do you have suggestions on ways to improve the Penn State Internship Program?
3. Additional comments?