Sample Docent Pocket Tour Reference courtesy of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Denver, CO.
Facilitated Exhibit Tours
|Tour attended: _________________Date: _________
Tour Guides Name: ____________________________
Your Name: ____________________
# of adults: ____
Zip code: _______________________
# of students: _________________
Grade level: _____
Your frank appraisal of today’s tour is very important in planning tours in the future.
Please take time to answer the following questions and return to your tour guide before leaving or mail back in the return envelope.
The Museum receives and applies for many government grants. We are asked to describe our audiences in terms of ethnicity and physically challenged.
Please indicate the number of the following students:
____ African American ____ Hispanic ____ Native American ____ Anglo
____ Asian/Pacific Islander ____ Hearing Impaired ____ Visually Impaired
____ Physically Impaired _______________ Other (explain)
1. Please rate the quality of today’s tour.
(Consider tour guide’s knowledge, creativity, communication skills, use of dioramas and unique educational experience.)
very poor 1 2 3 4 5 excellent
2. What did you like best about the tour?
3. How well did we offer opportunities for student participation and interaction?
not well at all 1 2 3 4 5 extremely well
4. How appropriate was the tour for your grade level?
Not very appropriate 1 2 3 4 5 extremely appropriate
5. How well did this tour fit into you school’s curriculum?
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 extremely well
6. If you were the tour leader how would you shape this tour to better meet your needs?
7. Did you receive a call from your Tour Guide to discuss this tour and answer any questions?
____ Yes ____ No
Was it helpful to you?
8. Was your group on time for today’s tour?
(remember that we ask you to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your program start time)
____ yes ____ no
If not, what was the cause of your late arrival?
9. How did you hear about the Museum’s School Tours Program?
Brochure Teacher’s Night Teacher Workshop Ambassador Program Flier Word of Mouth Other ________________
10. Please add any additional comments you feel would help us improve our service to you.
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has my permission to use my comments in its publications and promotional materials.
Signature: ________________________________ Date: ______________